What is curb appeal?
English dictionary: If a house has curb appeal, it looks attractive from the outside, so that people want to buy it….
London Pressure Wash, for many years, has been working with homeowners and commercial clients helping them prepare their homes/premises for sale. The selling process has been the same for many years i.e. prepare your home/premises for the sale.
Your home gets viewed by prospective buyers. Sometimes you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Of course you focus on beautifying the indoors but what about the exterior? Prospective buyers will view the exterior twice per viewing….on the way in and on the way out….why not make the exterior look more attractive….curb appeal!!
Here’s a handy checklist:
- Driveway/patio/pathways – clean?
- Walls/fencing – clean?
- Gardens – prepared?
- Lawns – cut/edged? Hedges – trimmed?
- Paintwork/brickwork – cleaned?
- Windows – clean?
- Gutters – clean?
NOW INVITE AND INSTRUCT YOUR AGENT…….YOU ARE NOW SELLING YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET – YOUR HOME…..
The selling process
1. An appointed agent comes to your home and takes pictures;
2. You agree a price and their commission with them;
3. The pictures they take show your home looks beautiful inside and out because you prepared…..;
4. These images are put up in the agent’s window for all to see.
National Association of Estate Agents
Fact – 1
Prospective buyers will drive by your home and the area 7 times before deciding on a viewing.
Fact – 2
Homes prepared for sale on average sell quicker with less viewings.
Fact – 3
Homes prepared for sale on average has a 14% higher asking price.
If you were selling your car, you would wash and hoover it, wouldn’t you to ensure you get the best price for it? The same goes for your house – prepare for the sale….